Following the completion of the Steinhardt Building's refurbishment, the 92nd Street Y received the building as a donation in 2001 from Steinhardt.
The Gothic revival building was purchased with the donation of the Macaulay family and underwent extensive renovations to prepare it for students and staff.
Between 20 alone applications increased a notable 20%.
In fall 2015, Macaulay Honors College received 6,272 application, 15% ahead of the application volume in fall 2010 and a sizable 120% above fall 2006.
Macaulay does not accept transfer students or applicants applying for mid-term entry.
The college advises applicants to research the eight CUNY senior colleges which participate in Macaulay prior to submitting an application, which is available online.
The courtyard is open to all and serves as a multi-purpose space within the college; it has been the site for gatherings and events, student theatre performances, and a temporary visiting artist-student collaborative installation. The campus is equipped with Wifi throughout the building.
After building completion in 1904, 35 West 67th Street subsequently housed the Swiss Benevolent Society for numerous years.
On the second and third floors are classrooms, meeting rooms, informal gathering spaces, visiting professor offices, the dean's office, and a fully equipped film screening room with traditional movie theater seats for seventy-two viewers.
Also, the building centers on a three-story open-roof, internal courtyard, painted bright red after the college's colors.